Wondering where you might go fishing in Arizona? Active adults new to the region have hundreds of great fishing hot spots to choose from. In fact, there are four lakes all within an hour’s drive from Sunland Springs Village.
Fishingreporters.com lists below some of the top Arizona fishing locations and the likely fish that you might catch when fishing these lakes:
- Central Arizona – This area is a favorite for most anglers. It is also the most popular fishing spot for many Arizona fishing guides as the fishing is known as the best in the state. Area lakes include Lake Pleasant, Lake Roosevelt and Lake Bartlett. Local quarry includes catfish, large-mouth bass, crappie and trout.
- North Central – Fishing areas include the Verde River, Lake Mary and Oak Creek. The fish include walleye, smallmouth and largemouth bass and trout.
- Mogollon Rim – Fishing areas are East Clear Creek, Chevelon Creek and Canyon Creek where you can fish for mainly trout. The best fishing season is spring and fall.
- Colorado River – In this area fish Lake Havasu, Lake Powell and Lake Mead. Expect to catch striped bass, catfish, largemouth bass, trout.
- Southern Region – More Colorado River fishing from Imperial Reservoir upriver through the Cibola National Wildlife Refuge. The southern fishing areas also include Parker Dam, Alamo Reservoir and Bill Williams River where a trip can yield trout, catfish, bluegill and trophy sized largemouth bass.